Compact Chest Freezer from Danby Perfect for Produce
With some British consumers amassing food stores and others looking to freeze homegrown produce, Danby has unveiled a compact chest freezer that can be tucked away in a garage, outhouse or under the stairs.
The Danby 140Litre Compact freezer provides perfect long-term storage for surplus fruit, vegetables, herbs and good value seasonal buys as well as staples like bread and milk. Measuring just 75.5 by 56.4cm the unit is much easier to manage than the giants that used to dominate the home freezer market. It includes a metal basket that is perfect for heavier items such as meat and poultry. The freezer features a manual defrost system with a drain and has a washable interior. It has a smooth all-metal back in line with current fire safety recommendations. Dimensions: 75cm wide x 57cm deep x 84.5 high. A+ energy rating. Quiet 42db operation. Price includes a two-year warranty. RRP £179.89 https://www.costco.co.uk.
Top Tips for Home Freezing:
- Open freeze berries such as strawberries, raspberries etc. on a flat tray then store in labelled bags.
- Stew apples and stone fruit and store in bags ready for crumbles and pies.
- Remember that green vegetables such as runner beans must be blanched before freezing. Dry on kitchen paper and pack into boxes or bags.
- Chop herbs and mix with water to freeze in ice cube trays. Just drop the whole cube into a sauce or stew – or even a cold drink.
- Courgettes, cucumbers, lettuce and other vegetables that contain a lot of water do not freeze well. Turn tomatoes into sauce or passata to freeze.
- Carrots and root vegetables can be cooked and pureed for freezing.
- Make one, freeze one is a great way to get ahead – especially with chilli, pasta sauces, and soups.
- With back up in the freezer, you’ll never be stuck for a mid-week meal.
About Danby Appliances
Founded in 1947, Danby is one of North America’s leading manufacturer/distributors of compact appliances such as microwaves, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners. For more information on Danby and its products, please visit www.Danby.com. Facebook, Instagram Tel. 01425 461600.
For Additional Media Information or Photography Please Contact:
Deborah Risbridger, DRA Media Management M. 07767 784295 E. firstname.lastname@example.org 08/08/2019